One Billion Voices for Education Campaign Launch
On January 25, 2021, the Global Campaign for Education (GCE) launched the One Billion Voices for Education Campaign to urge governments, donors, and international organizations to address the lack of education financing, aggravated by the COVID-19 pandemic. This campaign is a chance to stand together, elevate the voices of the billion people whose education is affected by the pandemic, and call for urgent action for education. Many thanks to the following global and regional leaders who spoke at the global campaign launch:
- Grant Kasowanjete, GCE Global Coordinator
- Refat Sabbah, President of the Global Campaign for Education
- Martina Darmain, European Student Union Youth Chair
- Solange Akpo, African Campaign Network for Education for All (ANCEFA)
- Helen Dabu, The Asia South Pacific Association for Basic Adult Education
- Zahi Azar, Arab Campaign for Education for All (ACEA)
- Nelsy Lizarazo, The Latin American Campaign for the Right to Education (CLADE)
- Beathe Øgârd, The European and North American Coalition for Education (ENACE)
- Dhurata Myrtollari, Albanian teacher prize winner
- Madeline Zuniga, Vice President of the Global Campaign for Education
In addition to the launch event, a call-to-action page is available that will provide more information and allow you to engage across the board. Here are easy ways to get involved:
SHARE YOUR STORIES, PHOTOS, VIDEOS!
Are you one of the BILLION people whose education was affected by COVID-19? Was your child’s education or the education of others in your family and friend networks?
We want to hear your story! It will become part of the One Billion Voices asking for urgent action for education. Share your stories with: OneBillionVoices@campaignforeducation.org
CREATE YOUR ONE BILLION VOICES SOCIAL MEDIA CARD!
Use this frame on your social media platform profile pictures or print these message cards. TAKE A SELFIE and share it on your social media platforms tagging or mentioning @campaignforeducation (Facebook and Instagram) @globaleducation (Twitter).
Organize a local event and gather and elevate more voices! Submit your suggested event to: OneBillionVoices@campaignforeducation.org.
SEND A MESSAGE OF SOLIDARITY!
Are you concerned about the future of the billion students and children whose education was stopped or interrupted because of COVID-19? Share your message with: OneBillionVoices@campaignforeducation.org
Write articles or blogs, share graphics, art and cartoons, poems, short videos and tell the world how you and/or your community address the impact of COVID-19 on education and other related challenges. Share materials with: OneBillionVoices@campaignforeducation.org.
CREATE BUZZ ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Tweet, post on Facebook and Instagram about the One Billion Voices Campaign, using #OneBillionVoicesForEducation. Post and share the campaign visuals available here.