Use our factsheets, action sheets and planning sheets to support your education for all awareness event or to learn the issue!
- Country Advisor Activity Guide
- GAWE Student & Teacher Activity Guide
- Girl Rising
- On the Way to School
- Global Campaign for Education-US Solutions Overview 2018
So You Want To...
Looking to do something exciting on your campus or in your community and want some inspiration? Check out the step by step instructions below to help you take action in different ways!
- Host a Call-In Day
- Host a Speaker
- Meet with your Member of Congress
- Create a Photo Petition (see an example done by Americans for Informed Democracy's Global Scholars here!)
- Screen a Film
- Write an Op-ed and/or Letter to the Editor (LTE)
- Write a letter to your Member of Congress (MOC)
- Bird-dog (ask a targeted question to a public official at a public event to get them on record on your issue)
- Host an Awareness Event (like Box Out the Barriers or a #GIRLPossible photo booth activity!)
- Key Statistics from the Global Education Monitoring Report, a UNESCO 2017/8 Document
- Total Reach, Total Learning, a Post-2015 Document
- All Children Learning, a Joint Post-2015 Statement on Education
- USAID Policies and Programming for Inclusion Education, a report commissioned by GCE-US
Congressional Letter to Chariman Lindsay Granham and Ranking Member Patrick Leahy urging full support of the International Basic Education account in the 2020 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations bill by funding Basic Education programs, April 2019.
- Community Letter to Chairmen Nita Lowey and Lindsay Graham and Ranking Members Kay Granger and Patrick Leahy urging full support of the International Basic Education account in the fiscal year 2020 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill, April 2019.
- Congressional Letter to Chairman Nita Lowey and Ranking Member Hal Rogers urging full support of the International Basic Education account in the 2020 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations Bill by funding Basic Education programs, March 2019.
- Recommendations to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Strategy on International Basic Education Draft for Public Comment , July 2018.
- Letter to Ambassador Green and the United States Aid for International Development (USAID) urging USAID to attend on behalf of the U.S. Government the Financing Conference for Global Partnership for Education in Dakar, Senegal on February 2, 2018.
- Letter to Chairman Hal Rogers and Ranking Member Nita Lowey urging strong support for international basic education programs in the FY18 State and Foreign Operations budget, March 2017
Call to Action to incoming policymakers from organizations and individuals in support of prioritizing investing in global education as a critical element in U.S. foreign policy efforts, December 2016
Call to Action for ambitious new resources in support of education in emergencies at the World Humanitarian Summit, April 2016
Letter to Chairwoman Kay Granger and Ranking Member Nita Lowey in support of allocating $800 million in basic education funding and $125 million to the Global Partnership for Education, March 2015
Letter to Chairwoman Kay Granger and Ranking Member Nita Lowey in support of the House appropriated levels for education funding in the FY15 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations bill, November 5, 2014
Letter to President Barack Obama in support of continued and increased U.S. leadership in ensuring a quality education for all, August 2014
Letter to Secretary John Kerry and Administrator Rajiv Shah from GCE-US , BEC, InterAction and the Alliance for International Youth Development calling on the U.S. Government to protect young people from future attacks and safeguard the right of all children and youth to an education in light of the Nigerian school girls kidnapping, May 29, 2014
Congressional Letter from 81 Members of Congress to President Barack Obama supporting a pledge of $250 Million over two years to the Global Partnership for Education, May 27, 2014
- Letter to President Barack Obama from GCE-US and coalition members calling for a Global Partnership for Education pledge of $250 Million over two years, April 17, 2014
- Letter to Administrator Rajiv Shah from GCE-US and coalition members calling on USAID to support a U.S. pledge to the Global Partnership for Education, November 21, 2013